Why Exfoliate?

Saturday, January 7, 2012

E X F O L I A T E


What?

According to the World English Dictionary, exfoliate is a verb meaning to wash (a part of the body) with a granular cosmetic preparation in order to remove dead cells from the skin's surface. 



When?

I tend to use a gentle exfoliator (minerals cleansers) daily for my complexion, neck and décolleté. I like to use it at night so that my toners and moisturizers sink right into my skin. I love waking up with a polished radiant complexion.

I use a more coarse sugar or salt scrub several times a week on the rest of my body. I like the oiler scrubs in the winter months because my skin becomes so dry. They are great to use before shaving to help with a closer, smoother shave with less chance of in-grown hairs.

Oilier skin tends to need exfoliated more often. Age and climate also play a roll in how often you need to exfoliate. You know your skin. If it feels or looks dull, you may need to exfoliate more often.  

Why?

  • removes dead skin cells improving texture and tone
  • stimulates cell renewal making way for healthier cells
  • nourishes skin
  • leaves skin softer and smoother
  • boosts circulation
  • tightens skin without removing natural healthy oils
  • unclogs pores and helps to rid skin of blackheads
  • allows for easier, deeper infiltration of toners and moisturizers 
  • prepares skin for a smoother shave
  • smoothes rough skin
  • reduces blemishes and rashes
  • reduces occurrence of in-grown hair
  • provides perfect canvas for a more even tan from a bottle or the sun

How?

Brush your skin with a long-handled natural bristle body brush before bathing. Start with the soles of your feet and work in a circular motion toward your heart. Rinse with warm then cool water. Moisturize.

Use natural mineral cleansers, salt or sugar scrubs:
- Wet and apply in a circular motion. Rinse with warm then cool water. path dry. Apply a natural toner and moisturizer or serum.
- Apply salt or sugar scrubs to dry skin. Rinse off in the tub or shower with warm then cool water. Pat dry. Apply a natural toner and moisturizer or serum.

Use a natural loofah or exfoliating wash "cloth" or glove to apply natural cleansers.

Pumice stones work well on heels and other tough spots.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!
Shutt Auto CR Shift Boot with Red Stitches and Round Chromed Base

Anonymous said...

I’m not sure where you're getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.
Bogs Women's Classic High Tuscany Rain Boot