WEEDS: St. John's Wort

Sunday, February 12, 2012

St. John's Wort Oil


Hypericum perforatum

I handcraft my St. John's Wort oil, and all of my herbal oils, from scratch using organic St. John's Wort leaves and flowers steeped in organic olive oil. A small amount of natural Vitamin E is added for additional healing properties and natural preserving. 

St. John's Wort Oil is an amazing anti-inflammatory used to relieve muscle spasms and aches, back and nerve pain, sciatica, varicose veins, headaches and migraines, shingles, cold sores and genital herpes.

Speeds healing of bruises, burns (including radiation), stings, cuts and wounds-making it a fabulous addition to breast health and trauma blends.

St. John's Wort is an astringent. It tightens, binds and contracts the skin tissue back to normal. Because of its antiviral properties, St. John's Wort inhibits the grown of viruses.


St. John's Wort-infused Oil is so magnificent that I have added it to several of my blends; Baby Bum, Breast Health & Trauma Oil. I also added it to my Baby Bum Salve.

No comments: